DO not be decieved

Good day everyone! I was just checking my mail and came across this article. As much as I am happy that it supports the notion of the omniscience and omnipotence of GOD, I found it misleading.

Now, I wanna make it clear that the person who sent it has nothing to do with the article being misleading. He/she only forwarded it.

Never doubt the Word of God!!!

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7):
" Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever
a man soweth, that shall he also reap. --True
Alright, some people would think that “God killed all these people who doubted him”. If there’s anyone who has the right to kill people because of sin, it’s God. Why? Because he is holy. Now, I’m not saying that God killed all those men and women who denied him. God is merciful. Remember Paul? The apostle Paul was a persecutor of Christians. Aside from putting them in jail, he made sure that he had them killed.
Did God kill him?
If you open your Bible, you will find out that Paul wrote a lot of books that make up the New Testament. God changed his heart. He was merciful and Paul was able to bring a lot of people to Christ. :D


Here are some men and women who mocked God:


JOHN LENNON:
Some years before during his interview with an
American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not
have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was
ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are
more famous than Him" (1966)".
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more
famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Here is the story on that John Lennon controversy:

Christianity

On 4 March 1966, Lennon was interviewed for the London Evening Standard by his friend Maureen Cleave and made an off-the-cuff remark regarding Christianity.[114]
"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink.... I don't know what will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity. We're more popular than Jesus now. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
The article was printed and nothing came of it — until five months later, when an American teen magazine called Datebook reprinted part of the quote on its front cover.[115]
A firestorm of protest erupted across the American Bible Belt in the South and Midwest, as conservative groups staged public burnings of Beatles records and memorabilia. (The Beatles at first viewed this in a wry way, saying, "They've got to buy them first before they burn 'em.") Many radio stations banned Beatles music, and some concert venues cancelled performances.
On 11 August 1966, The Beatles held a press conference in Chicago, in order to address the growing controversy.[citation needed]
Lennon: I suppose if I had said television was more popular than Jesus, I would have got away with it, but I just happened to be talking to a journalist friend, and I used the words "Beatles" as a remote thing, not as what I think — as Beatles, as those other Beatles, like other people see us. I just said "they" are having more influence on kids and things than anything else, including Jesus. But I said it in that way, which is the wrong way.
Reporter: Some teenagers have repeated your statements — "I like The Beatles more than Jesus Christ." What do you think about that?
Lennon: Well, originally I pointed out that fact in reference to England. That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion at that time. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it as a fact, and it's true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing, or whatever it is. I just said what I said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this.
Reporter: But are you prepared to apologise?
Lennon: I wasn't saying whatever they're saying I was saying. I'm sorry I said it really. I never meant it to be a lousy anti-religious thing. I apologise if that will make you happy. I still don't know quite what I've done. I've tried to tell you what I did do, but if you want me to apologise, if that will make you happy, then OK, I'm sorry.
The Vatican accepted his apology, but the Southern Baptist Convention (the predominant religion in the U.S. Bible Belt) did not.[116] Lennon wrote later, "I always remember to thank Jesus for the end of my touring days; if I hadn't said that The Beatles were 'bigger than Jesus' and upset the very Christian Ku Klux Klan, well, Lord, I might still be up there with all the other performing fleas! God bless America. Thank you, Jesus."[117]

PJon, Southern Baptist daw… shed light on this please.
I don’t think I can explain it further.


TANCREDO NEVES:
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got
500 votes from his party, not even God would remove
him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he
got sick a day before being made President, then he
died.

 
Tancredo Neves’ case has yet to be confirmed. I am still doing research whether he did say those things. We must keep in mind that Tancredo Neves was a politician, he had rivals who could have launched a dirty campaign against him. Let’s leave him alone for now, I’ll get back to this when I find facts to support it.

 







CAZUZA:
During a show in Canecão ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst
smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into
the air and said: God, that's for you.

I can't even explain how he died.

Cazuza’s is funny. If his cause of death is not known or as mentioned by the writer, unexplainable, chalk it up to smoking. There are two famous Cazuzas in Brazil, one is a radio journalist who was shot dead. You might want to check out this site:
http://www.impunidad.com/cases/josefernandezE.html because it is explained there that his death had a political side to it. The other Cazuza (in photo) is a singer who died of AIDS.

 



THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC:
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked
him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic
tone he said: "Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to
the Titanic.

Thomas Andrews was the builder of Titanic. He was known to be very particular about details and as the ship went on it's voyage, he kept on taking notes on what should be improved about the ship. The statement above says that he answered "not even God can sink it", when asked by a reporter.

Again, I have not been able to find references that he said that. IF he did say it though, it goes to show that he did not recognize the authority of God over the forces of nature. This is misleading in the sense that it shows God to be unmerciful. God is very wise to be hurt or broken by a claim made by man. Yes, revenge belongs to God, but I believe God does not pour out anger and revenge on petty, trivial affairs. All that He is, and all that he’s done is enough to speak for his defense.
Going back to the statement, the only quote by Thomas Andrews that has been in biographical accounts is this:
"...on 14 April, Andrews remarked to a friend that Titanic was "as nearly perfect as human brains can make her."
I think the quote used by the writer of this article was taken from the Titanic movie. Now we know that in movies, dialogues have the tendency to be exaggerated for impact, or as the plot demands.


MARILYN MONROE:
She was visited by Billy Graham during a
presentation of a show. He is a preacher and
Evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to
preach to her.

After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she
said: "I don't need your Jesus"
A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.














As for Marilyn Monroe, the story is that Billy Graham woke up one evening with the burden to pray for her. He tried to get in touch with her through her agent but the agent said to call again after two weeks. Marilyn suffered from depression and died of a drug overdose in her hotel room. If only, the agent allowed Billy Graham to come and see her… the gospel and new life Billy Graham would tell her about, would have given her hope.
To straighten out the facts: Billy Graham was not able to share the gospel with her, and Marilyn did not say “I don’t need your Jesus” for they did not meet







BON SCOTT:
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979
songs he sang:

"Don´t stop me, I´m going down all the way, wow the
highway to
hell".
On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found
dead, he had been choked by his vomit.






Bon Scott did not die of choking on his vomit. Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Scott#Death_.281980.29 It mentions the “vomit claim” as folklore.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005
In Campinas, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick
up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car
and was so worried about the drunkenness of her
friends and she said to the daughter - holding her
hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY
DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU",

She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE BOOT,
COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL"

Hours later, news came by that they had been
involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the
car could not be recognized what type of car it had
been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact.

The police said there was no way the boot could have
remained intact. To their surprise, inside the boot
was a crate of eggs, none was broken.

As for the Campinas accident in Sao Paulo, Brazil, I searched but found no public records or news items on the 2005 accident. No stories on the families involved (if ever there were) either.

Many more important people have forgotten that there
is no other name that was given so much authority as
the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus
died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!

Jesus said "If you get
embarrassed about me, I will also get

embarrassed about you before my father

What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole
world but loses his soul?

What can man give in exchange of his soul? (Mathew
16:26).
Best Regards
--
God will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you
go. - psalms 91:11


Whether the cases discussed are true or not, I can only say that man can never outdo God.

Anyway, I have nothing against the writer of this article. I understand that the intention is to tell others about God, only the approach made it misleading. You might want to check this one out too, in relation to the article. http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/printer_1728.shtml The way the writer reacted is reflective of the wrong approach. If we want to tell others about Christ, we don't need to terrorize them, because that is not the nature of God's love for it is unconditional. He is merciful. If the reason for a non-believer is to accept Christ because he/she was scared, then I don't think he/really understood the meaning of what Christ did on the cross.


Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. – Galatians 2:7

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "DO not be decieved"

  1. Windscreen Replacement says:
    Mar 26, 2011, 9:54:00 PM

    This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here....

Post a Comment