THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM BUT THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

It is definitely not good to rush things too much, wait for the right time, for the perfect time produces great fruit.

I with some of my co-life group were hanging out at Gateway Manila waiting for the time for our life group to start a few days ago, when we decided to visit the National Book Store and take a look on some of the books. I went to the third floor and found a book by Francis Kong entitled "The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese”, and all of a sudden a lot of words and ideas entered my mind and planned to put my thoughts in this blog.

THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM…

This statement means a lot for all of us, especially for professionals. In order to get a great impression from others and to have a good record, we needed to always be on time to be the best among the rest. In every situation of our life we always thought of always being the best; on where we always wanted other’s focus to be on us; and to be praised for all of our accomplishments. But I tell you the truth, are we not tired of being the best? Tired of every time that we do everything only for others to look high at us? Moreover, tired of showing others of what you are not?

…BUT THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE
When I’ve read this part, I was wowed and let the statement shrink on my mind. After a couple of minutes tinkering about the phrase, I just smiled and said: This phrase means everything. Definitely, the first mouse was trapped on a mousetrap and the second mouse freely gets the cheese. Lesson: Do not rush thing too much, there is a perfect timing for everything. Question: Do we really need to take our life seriously? Alternatively, do we need to just hang out and have some fun under the sun? Yes, for quite some time now, I myself am doing everything to be at the top of the list at home, at school and a lot more. However, I have just noticed that what am I doing is a little bit of shattering. I am exhausted to be the best, and learned that doing my best is better than being the best.

To conclude this post, it is true that the early bird catches the worm but always remember that the second mouse gets the cheese. Do not rush things too much; there is a perfect timing for everything. Bear in mind that doing you best is always greater than being the best.

May you always be the early bird, and if not, try at least to be the second mouse

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM BUT THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE"

  1. katie Says:
    Feb 27, 2010, 11:51:00 PM

    galing mo pala magsulat? ngaun ko lang nabasa mga blogs mo

  2. Jhiemalura says:
    Feb 28, 2010, 4:00:00 PM

    haha. hindi naman, prinapraktis pa nga lang eh!!! kya nga ako nagblog para maenhance

Post a Comment